OUASSA: Your Fast Track to Science Success!
Do you have:
- A strong interest and passion for science?
- A demonstrated commitment to follow through and complete tasks?
- Potential to excel at NCEA Level 3/ New Zealand Scholarship equivalent?
- Willingness to develop communication and teamwork skills?
- Attend a small or rural/provincial or lower decile (≤6) school?
The Otago University Advanced School Sciences Academy can help you achieve your full academic potential and launch your university science career…
OUASSA is an exciting new programme aimed at Year 13 students with a passion for science and the potential, and commitment to excel in their final year NCEA and/or scholarship science exams.
OUASSA will give you the opportunity to:
- Work alongside, and be challenged by, leading scientists across a wide range of disciplines.
- Participate in a programme of stimulating science research projects and fun social events.
- Engage in enjoyable, meaningful and challenging on-line extension work while networking with like-minded budding scientists from across the country.
- Develop confidence in communicating with fellow scientists and relating your science to a wider audience.
What does the Academy involve?
You will attend two residential science camps on University of Otago campus (The first late January the second mid July). For the rest of the year you will be enrolled in our ‘Virtual Academy’ where you will have access to additional stimulating and exciting web-based extension material co-coordinated by our dedicated teaching fellows.
Would you like to enhance your ability to teach science more effectively. The OUASSA runs two teacher professional development workshops every year during our Science Camps in January and July.